Wednesday 6 November 2013

Do we understand enough about technology to have a view of it's deterministic nature #edcmooc

Near half way through the Chandler essay. The overview has a fascinating layer of terminology that provides a interesting patina of words and phrases that I have been half aware of for years but never really engaged with. The paradox is that Chandlers essay is divorced from discussing any actual technology. Of course he deals in ideas which we are invited to discuss through the medium of technology.

My observation is this. As I am using Google Blogger, now integrated with Google + how will the Google algorithm respond to me. How will my search results be subtly skewed? What adverts would I see (I have turned off behavioural ads)? How will my profile be reconfigured on YouTube, now part of the Google + family? Is this technology determinism or is technology really creating who I am to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment